Rare Disease Specialist
Ashfield Healthcare has partnered with a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development and commercialization of innovative therapies for patients with debilitating rare diseases. We are seeking talented individuals who have a passion for educating providers about rare diseases to transform our sales organizations into a best-in-class, thought-leader focused sales leadership team.
This is your opportunity to join an ever growing partnership! We are looking for candidates who bring documented sales success and can make an impact quickly in your territory.
* Create awareness about metabolic rare diseases through physician, nurse and office-based education
* Educate regarding prescribing process when a customer identifies a patient
* Partner with patient services team to coordinate patient services
* Coordinate community-based education through thought leaders when requested
* Provide input to and collaborate with marketing and sales training regarding diagnosis, disease education and treatment education, tools and messages.
* Execute marketing programs and support medical meeting presence to communicate key messages
* Collaborate with medical affairs on education and other initiatives when appropriate
* Adhere to compliance guidelines
* Develop and execute quarterly territory business plan
* Bachelor’s degree required
* 5 + years field based experience in biopharmaceutical industry required
* 3+ years of Hospital/Institutional sales experience required
* 3 + years of Rare Disease sales experience preferred
* Proven track record of delivering results that meet or exceed targeted objectives
* Demonstrated highest ethical standards
* Demonstrated competency in working across teams collaboratively and share information proactively
* Experience with Veeva, Sales Force, Outlook, Excel
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Willingness to travel > 70%
* Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
Ashfield is an international healthcare services organization that redefines outsourcing. Ashfield Commercial & Medical Services supports the pharmaceutical industry, healthcare professionals and patients at all stages of the product life-cycle.
Our mission is to partner with our clients, improving lives by helping healthcare professionals and patients get the medicines, knowledge and support they need.
Ashfield is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D. We appreciate your interest in our company, however; only qualified candidates will be considered.